Dawn Stevens, Certified labor Doula
What is a Doula?
Images provided by www.birthforhumankind.org/doula/
So, Tell ME....
What Does A Doula Do?
Discuss birth preferences & prepare for birth
She's ready to go at all hours!
Answers questions about pregnancy and birth
Massage Massage Massage! This can extraordinarily help with back labor, weakness during labor, and keeping you relaxed in between contractions!
Helps you focus on your breathing
Helps you find positions that work for you and your baby during the birthing process
Assists and helps guide the birth partner so he or she can better support you!
Explains what is going on, especially when things go unplanned
Helps mediate communicate between you and provider if necessary
Provides positive birthing affirmations to remind you that you CAN do this!
Hydrotherapy (shower, tub)
Gives you a fan, a towel, a sip of water...
Helps you figure out what to do next, what will help with the pain, or what will help things progress when stalled
Create the birth atmosphere of your choice (lighting, music, etc...)
Supports your choices! (inductions, epidurals, c-sections, etc...)
Doesn't have a shift change, stays with you the whole time...But gives you and your partner alone time when you need it! The list goes on! Every birth is different, so what I do can change from birth to birth!
SUNRISE DOULA PACKAGE $495-$695 (Sliding Scale):
- Complementary no obligation interview/consultation
- 1-3 in-home prenatal visits
- Birth Plan Assistance (if requested)
- Childbirth Education and Resources
- Lending Library
- Continuous phone call, text, email, and/or Facebook support throughout the pregnancy
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Complementary 30 minute Prenatal Massage
- 20% off additional prenatal and post-partum massages
- 24/7 on-call availability from 37 or 38 weeks until delivery
- Continuous labor support until about an hour or two after delivery
- Birth photography (no fancy cameras, but excellent moments captured!)
- 1 post-partum in-home visit
- A complete local resource list is also available at request, including but not limited to yoga classes, chiropractic care, midwives and OB's, physical therapists, breastfeeding specialists, mother to mother support groups, and much much more!
SUNRISE DOULA PLUS PACKAGE $895:
Includes all of the above PLUS
- 3 prenatal massages
- 1 post-partum massage
(omit 30 minute massage in basic package)
© Copyright Sunrise Massage & Birth Services